Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Low Carb Dill Pickle Dip

For those of you who are keeping your carb count minimal, you know that it seems variety in your diet can seem nonexistent.  Meats, cheeses, salads and veggies...Right?

Yesterday, I was perusing Pinterest and saw a lot of people pinning a Dill Pickle Dip but I didn't like the ingredient combinations of most of them.  No thanks to the jalapenos for this family.

So I decided to try to kick it up a notch with some parmesan with parsley and garlic salt (Og carbohydrates) that I got at Publix on BOGO a couple weeks ago.

This is great to dip veggies in.  Maybe you could even stuff the sweet mini peppers.  You could also use this as a spread for sandwiches or burgers.  Of course, you could always go for the typical crackers to accompany the dip. 

I mixed all of the following in my Kitchenaid Mixer until blended:
  • 8 oz cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/4 cup parmesan cheese with parsley and garlic (you could always use plain parm plus some garlic salt with parsley) 
  • 1/4 cup dill cubes/relish
That's it! Simple enough and now we've got some variety to the low carb diet this week.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment