Monday, July 1, 2013

Chocolate Mug Cake...Faith of a Child

Our two boys had spent the week mostly away visiting aunts and uncles and the grandparents on the farm.  Yesterday afternoon, we went to pick them up and there were thunderstorms with heavy rain passing through.  The drive is about 90 miles for us, so it isn't just a quick pick up and head home. 

On the way home, the rain picked up and visibility was slim.  My wipers were going full force and I had to slow down substantially.  From the back seat, I hear Gabriel (age 6) exclaim, "I'm talking to God.  I prayed: 'Dear God, please let this rain slack up a little bit.'" Then in a few moments the driving was much easier as the rain let up a little bit. Gabriel was astonished and immediately thanked God for listening to his prayer and quickly answering.  

Then Aston (age 4) with the mustard seed sized faith to move mountains says, "Dear God, I want a piece of chocolate cake."  He was so serious and genuine and then he paused. He just sat there.  He held our his little hands as if waiting for a plate of cake to miraculously appear as fast as the rain subdued. 

Aston wasn't as happy with his prayer result as Gabriel was. Gabriel saw instant results from his prayer and Aston expected no less.  So this morning, I decided to search for that Chocolate Mug Cake recipe.  I found it and made Aston his very own Chocolate Cake.  It is waiting for him when he wakes up.  I guess we'll have an object lesson breakfast of the fact that have to wait longer for answered prayers!

And Jesus said to them, Because of your unbelief: for truly I say to you, If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you shall say to this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible to you. -Matthew 17:20 American KJV

 

I'm acutally thinking that this mix would be very adorable as a teacher/friend gift packaged in a little mug.  I think I'm going to experiment to see what I can come up with.  I'm thinking substitute Whole Egg Powder for the eggs and Fortified Instant Milk for the milk.  I guess I might need some Butter Powder too. I've never had these staples in my pantry but I've looked at purchasing them in the past.  This way, all the recipient has to do is add water.  I think I may order those things as they would work great in the pantry stockpile and then I'll have them next time the need for a small gift arises.  Of course, Aston loves to cook and help in the kitchen and he will probably want to make a bunch of these to give away.  

Maybe we'll have to design our own special gift tag.  I'll work on that and post it to share when we finish it!

Hope you have a faithfilled-prayers answered kind of day.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment